Do you?

I have a friend who is female and is all about her role. There are many things that she is more than capable of doing herself but won't due to her gender. I consider myself a jane of all trades and I tell her it's not hard to do but she insists on waiting until her husband gets home to have him fix it! So my question is, do you limit what you do to your gender?

cgonzales542

Asked by cgonzales542 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Heck no, I fix stuff the dishwasher, washing machine, oven, clean carpets. I do need to make my man feel useful so I use his penis to do the jobs that only he can. Right now he is busy with tax-season so I never see him before 10 pm and is only off on Sunday --which he usually sleeps away.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• hell no, I'm more than just a uterus
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No... actually I am "Jane" (lol, like that phrase) of all trades also... I have even gone as far and worked on my own cars, replaced a muffler and heating/cooling ...LOL...
    I do not wait for my dh ... the only time I will ask him is if it's a job for the both of us or I really can't do it...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• HECK NO! Why would i wait fo DH to get home when it could be done 4 hours before hand and over with and i can move on to other things? I am one busy woman I dont have to wait around for DH to get off work to do things lol. Now there are some things I truly cant do I just dont know how but i typically read up on how to do it then have everything ready for DH to help me get it done, i help so that next time i will know how. Silly girl sounds like she is stuck in the 50's lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 7:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Yes, sometimes I do.....I want my husband to take the trash out and mow the lawn and carry heavy stuff, etc.

I totally believe in double standards as is most convenient for me...... LOL (just being completely honest)
    Anonymous

• No I do not wait tell my DH gets home. Except for car repair.  I can do minor repairs around the house myself.

Answer by louise2 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I guess somw things yes, I don't fix the cars, he does; I don't do any home repairs, he does
    stuff like that
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• There are things I do because I really like the "roles" we have established (a very 50s marriage) but I would never "not" do something because I was a woman. I am, however, very much the sahm doing 100% of the household chores.  If it is something I can not do I hire someone to do it.

Anonymous

• Sometimes.
    Like, usually I refuse to take out the garbage because I consider that a man's job. But, I will do it if DH slacks or is having a hard time that day...whatever, no problem.

I guess for me, it's less about limiting myself, and more about limiting my responsibilities.
    Anonymous

• I dont limit what I do because of my gender. However, he can fix things better than I can. He takes the trash out. Honestly, I just let him take care of it. Its not that I can't do it, but I dont want to and since I don't have to....I am okay. He mows the lawn. I have actually never mowed the grass before in my life. Not saying I can't do it, but I haven't done it before and he actually LIKES to mow the grass. ha ha. So, I dont limit it because of my gender. I limit things because I either don't want to do them, don't know how to do them - and don't care to learn, or I know he can do it better. i honestly have enough on my plate.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2010