do streach marks ever go away after being pregnant?is there any thing special to put on them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• they won't go away completely but you can fade them with vitamin e
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Vitamin e and Bio Oil both help minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
    Anonymous

• I still have mine and my son will be 3 in May. They have faded though but I do put lotion on everyday so I don't know what they look like now.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• They fade, but they will never fully go away without cosmetic treatment.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 7:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Bio oil helps big time, but its $8 for the small bottle, and putting it on twice a day really good can make it go by fast and it takes maybe a month if i remember right to see results.
    Anonymous

• Vitamin E oil got RID of mine.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 7:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Not really. Mine have faded a little bit but I had my last baby in 1971. So, don't expect miracles. LOL
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• mine are still pretty bad and I had my son 13 yrs ago...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Depending on your skin tone, it will remain dark .. if you have a dark complexion. I learned this after the fact, but if you use the " real " cocoa butter or vaseline the eintire time on your belly you will not have any marks . I know this sounds greasy but it works! Once you have the marks, you have them.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 9:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• well it depends on your genes actually and thyroid and alot of other things on if you get them or not if you do get them i agree use bio oil it is expensive but i've just started using it and they are already fading a bit my best friend used it her whole pregnancy and she has none and she got them the first pregnancy so thats a good sign it's about 12 dollars a bottle not 8 and you have to use it for atleast 3 months not one but for the couple weeks i've been using it, it does seem to be helping so i would use that if i was you other wise they will fade eventually maybe some peoples dont but they wont go away unless you just happen to have very elastic skin which in that case you probably wouldnt of gotten them in the first place...
    Anonymous