I AM SO SICK OF TEEN PREGNANCY

There are so many teenage girls who are clueless that they are too young to have kids. The ones who have had kids or who have gotten pregnant try to justify it by saying they are mature. If they were mature they would have used protection and waited til they were out of HS, out of their parents house with a stable means of income. Why is teen pregnancy on the rise!!! opinions please on this issue

aliishott2

Asked by aliishott2 at 7:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My friends 15 yr old daughter is pregnant right now. She cant even take care of the dog she has. So its going to be up to her mom to take charge of this baby or who knows what will happen! I think its a shame.
    Anonymous

• Because horomones are high and the media influences it and dumb parents out there dont want their children to know about birth control and condoms.
    Anonymous

• i dont think 16 and pregnant, teen mom, juno, or the lifetime movie pregnancy pact are helping, i think it is encouraging girls to get prgnant, it never shows the hard stuff, it makes it look easy.
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 7:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Not only that...Teen girls think its actually "cool" to get pregnant at their age
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Because parents THINK that just talking about sex will stop them from having sex.Because most parents WILL not put a teen on Birth Control because they think that teen will run wild and have sex.People dont want to hear about sex in school...No one can pass out condoms...Most teens cant talk about sex without the parents getting upset...
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 7:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i saw the pregnancy pact which did for the most part show the hard side...the other ones though definitely encourage it
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I instead of shaming them they get baby showers.  Go figure.

Anonymous

• Some must learn the hard way. I can tell you it is not the end of the world, nor is it the worst offense a girl/boy can commit. In some cases, actually in many cases, it forces the teen to GROW UP.

I had a baby when I was 16 and it defined me as a woman. And the woman I am is absolutely INCREDIBLE. I gained a GREAT DEAL of pride, self respect, self love, strength, and character. I forced myself to go to college, finish, and become an effective and productive human being. I did it with NO help from family. In fact, my mother kicked me out 2 weeks before giving birth. I had to utilize many social programs/forms of government assistance and now, I pay my community back every day.....I also am a beacon of help and hope for many who struggle with similar difficulties.

It is not the tragedy you seem to think it is. Don't get me wrong; it was DEVASTATING and EXTREMELY DIFFICULT. But I came out a CHAMPION.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Teens have been getting pregnant since the beginning of time. It's only now starting to be taboo.

My great aunts were both married at 13 and started having children almost right away.
    Anonymous

• Honey, I have NO IDEA. I graduated from high school in 1992, and out of a student population of 1400, there was only ONE girl who got pregnant. ONE!! Nowadays it seems like 1 out of every 5 high school girls are pregnant. When did it become ok for kids to have sex? My mom never put me on birth control. She never handed me condoms and told, "Well if you're going to have sex, at least be safe!". I just don't agree with the whole "safe sex for teens" movement. I think we should be teaching teens to hold off on sex, period. We should be teaching them to respect themselves-to strive for greatness. Just the because the plumbing is in place doesn't mean the house is ready to be occupied!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2010