Back and tailbone pain....what did you do to help?

I am 16 weeks preg. I have insane back and tailbone pain. I do water aerobics and try and stretch reallly good morning and night. I didnt know if it would help to go to a chiropracter, or if you even can go while your preg? i have a doc appointment next tuesday so i plan on talking to my doc about it, just didnt know if there were any experenced women out there that had something help them.? THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Going to the chiropractor is dangerous while pregnant.

Try some pelvic rocking. Get down on all fours and rock your hips back and forth. Make sure you are moving just your hips and not your back. Do this as much as you can and as often as you can. It will help with back pain and it will help your baby turn into position later on as well.

Good luck!

beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• are you drinking plenty of water? that can cause some lower back pain. but i also suggest lower back exercises like pelvic rocking. also look into some prenatal yoga stuff. the poses help stretch abd strengthen those parts of the back. my main pain right now is shoulders, and my doc also suggested the yoga for it as well. (he went as far to say to get a wii fit w/ yoga programs) good luck, and remember it will pass
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I had this too. My doctor told me this was a common pregnancy pain. There isn't much you can do for it according to him. I also stretched and did everything under the sun to make the pain stop. Heating pads made my pain worse! Nothing ever helped me. Although sitting on a yoga ball relieved so much pressure for me! as soon as I got off of it the pain was back though. AS SOON as i had my son it was gone! I hope you can find something to help you!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 8:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• oh, also do u have a swede ball, AKA fitness ball, balance ball, pregnancy ball, yoga ball? if so sit on it, legs shoulder length apart, feet flat on the ground, and rotate ur hips making small circles, both directions for so many counts. it also helps to loosed those muscles.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• YES to the chiropractor - there is nothing dangerous about it unless you're in your first trimester and your chiro is doing accupressure on the wrong areas. Most doctors will tell you not to go to the chiro, but take pain pills - that's not the answer. Go to the chiro - if you have a few to choose from, get recommendations, find out who specializes in pregnant women if possible. But it's such a help - I loved my chiro when I was pregnant - with my last 2 I was going every 2 weeks for the whole pregnancy and it helped immensely - and my babies were born healthy, with no pregnancy problems.
    Anonymous