Where can I get the birth certificate form?

I need that birth certificate form to fill out... The one they give you at the hospital after you have your baby. I filled ours out and lost it. I called the hospital and they dont even have a maternity ward anymore! I had him six months ago O,o

So does anyone know where I can get that form? I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I've looked on every website I can find and I cannot find that form.

To everyone who helps me; Thank you so much!

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 8:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• department of human services (the main one for your state i believe) i may be wrong
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 8:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It doesn't work like that. If the hospital gave you one then they got it from you before they discharged you. They had to register the baby. Only officials have those. They can't risk people coming in from other countries filling one out and saying a baby was born here.
    Anonymous

• you should be able to get one at the health dept. that's where we got our daughter's. :)
    ChereseB

Answer by ChereseB at 8:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• http://health.nv.gov/PDFs/delayedcertinstr.pdf
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 8:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• The hospital let you LEAVE with the BC they had you fill out? That doesn't sound right. They have to register it. You should be able to go to your county website and get information on obtaining a BC.

Anonymous

• County clerk-recorders maintain all birth records. Check in with them.,..bet they have it already filled out.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• We had to hunt down the Department of Vital Records when my son was born, but it was attached to the local Health Department, so I would start looking there. They can at least point you in the right direction.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 7:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Ohhhh... So I just have to fill out a form to get a *copy* of the birth certificate? I know the fee was $20 and none of these forms have a fee of $20 attached to them.
    Thank you all for your answers!
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 2:03 PM on Mar. 4, 2010