do pills really get stuck in ur throat ?

u know when u take a pill sometimes u get that feeling. is it really stuck there or wat ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, they definitely can get stuck, especially pills that are made to expand once they get to your stomach. I was taking some diet pills awhile back that expand in your stomach to make you feel fuller. Well they got stuck in my throat on the way down and choked me so bad that I started vomiting. I didn't take those again, lol.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Maybe? Just drink more water.
    Anonymous

• It can. It doesn't happen a whole lot, but that is why some pills shouldn't be taken if you can't sit or stand for at least thirty minutes.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• They certainly CAN get stuck ...

I am a person who often takes several supplements at a time. Some of the capsules - fish oil, for instance - can be pretty large. And there are some supplements which come in a larger dosage than I want to take at once, so I break them in half to take at different times of day. Usually, I can pop 10 or 14 various pills into my mouth and wash them down with water.

One time, though, I had one of the broken-in-half pills, and I nearly "choked to death". The sharp-edged half jammed with other pills partway down my throat and nothing would go down or come back up. I was alone, so I had to quickly bend down to get my head upside down and do a couple of sharp jogs to loosen up the pills.

Whew ! After that, I always take broken pills separately. It was scary.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 8:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2010