why are so many people on here against prepared baby food?

just wondering..... everytime i see a question posted on here even remotely mentioning baby food there are always a bunch of nasty remarks like 'oh don't feed your baby that crap.... it tastes terrible, etc.'
so my question is why is it so bad? i have always fed my kids the gerber foods and if you look on the ingredients it's just whatever fruit or veggie (or meat....ewww) and water. well the bananas have vitamin c to keep them from turning brown but who would want to eat brown bananas lol. just wondering if they know something that i don't know.....

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmm,never seen that on here yet. you're gonna have fanatics on any issue on here.Don't you know you just can't win? SIGH.....
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I don't care what other ppl do or say. I do what works for us.
    Anonymous

• I'm not AGAINST it, I just found to to be cheaper to make it, and fresh is better then jarred. I AM one that you will always hear say that infant cereal is yucky and pretty much useless, though.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'm not 100% on this, but I would assume they have preservatives in them as well.
    Krysta622

• I personally have never seen a nasty remark per se, about premade babyfood, but don't let them get to ya! I did both! I bought premade babyfood, and made my own. I did find making my own to be less expensive in the long run, but whatever works for you :0)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• They dont put everything on the label! And their are alot of moms out here that spread the word of nutrition. Do you know whats in your babys lotions and bath products? Do you know whats in your food that you eat? There are so much crap that is put in food. If you only knew you would be cautions of what you feed yourself and your baby!!
    Anonymous

• It's *so* costly. There's really no need to use it. Just mash whatever you're eating, unless you live on fast food.

Last time I looked, baby food was something like 50 cents a jar. For the price of two jars, I can buy a bag of frozen peas and use that for a couple of weeks before I run out.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It's not very tasty, it's mostly water, and it's a very expensive compared to sticking your own carrots in a blender.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 9:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i've seen all that mess too o theres a little water in it o darn i guess thats so bad w/e my baby likes it and i dont have the time or energy to make baby food not to mention i dont have a food processor so it would be more work in the end for me i'd rather just pay the dollar to get it premade and give it to him when he needs it...it's the same thing as the breastmilk thing thats better then formula well in the end they wouldnt make either if either hurt babies they wouldnt make it or sell it so w/e some women are just gonna be bitches and i feel bad for their husbands and children
    Anonymous

• When my kids where little it was all about the cost (super expensive) and that stuff smells really disgusting, just like formula. None of my kids would touch the stuff, I tried on long flights for the convenience factor but they wouldn't go near it. I wouldn't bash anyone who uses it though, not my place.
    JuliaW

Answer by JuliaW at 9:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2010