What is your 2 year old eating at dinner time?

We do the basics - chicken nuggets, fish sticks, mac n' cheese, hotdogs, grilled cheese, veggies, fruits. What else do your kids like?

cschwanger

Asked by cschwanger at 9:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• tater tots lol and the baby bell cheeses. loooove them
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• My kids had what ever we had. By that age I was cooking meals and not so much finger foods and sandwiches. So they had green beans, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, spaghetti etc..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• spiral pasta, just plain or with a bit of butter. If you are up for it, grab a cooked BBQ chicken & strip the meat. This is not a bash :-) but if you read the ingredients in nuggets you'll see they might only be 50% chickn - so what is the rest of it.. breadcrumbs etc. Just a few pieces of cooked chicken is better as it is all protein, rather than fillers. At 2 you need quality, because they don't eat enough to have quantity. Same with Fish sticks. Potato wedges cooled a little with sour cream to dunk... my kids would eat anything if there was something to dunk!, Home made spring rolls are great,
    We always do a try of chopped fruit about an hour before dinner, and our toddlers always devoured it, so that might be good idea,
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• i have a 3 y/o and 1 y/o. for the most part, they eat anything. sometimes we do baked fries and fish sticks, and fun finger foods like that, but most of the time i'm cooking something with either ground turkey or a whole chicken, a pasta/rice/potato, and a veggie or fruit side. tacos, chili, bbq meatloaf, and spagetti are all regulars that they love. i even make salmon cakes from canned salmon with a dipping sauce and they love them.
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• None of that! My littles always ate the same things at mealtime as the rest of the family. I didn't make special stuff for them. On the rare occasion we'd have chicken nuggets or something, the whole family was eating it. A 2yo doesn't need special food.
    Anonymous

• My 2 year old eats whatever the rest of the family is having. He does not get special meals. And not to be rude, but, I wouldn't feed him that garbage anyway.
    Anonymous