venting

ok i have to get this off my chest the past month we have oved in to a new house and now my husband has done nothing but be a jurk i mena i clean and cook and do everything and all he has to say is what have you done all day and not once does he say thank you of anything he just bitches and complains all i ask him to do is help with the kids and help clean once in a while and all i get is attuide i feel like he takes me for granted am i the olny mom who puts up with this please someone help me and i have tried talking to him and he dont care. please some advice on how to handle this because i am at my wits end and i cnat do it no more i mean the kids the house the bills the apiontments family that want to come over ect.. help please i just want to break down and cry and say screw it

mom_of_2_2009

Asked by mom_of_2_2009 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I am with you! Mine is similiar. Except I am in school FT and I am about to just throw the towel up because I habe 3 kids and I can't do it all yet he acts like I am still a SAHM. I do 40 hr a week clinicals right now and am exhausted!
    Anonymous

• This place is not for venting it's a question and answers area. 

Ask your question please.

Anonymous

• Take a deep breath Momma, you aren't the only one. But you can choose how you respond to him. Instead setting up an expectation that you know darn well he is going to let you down on, stop expecting it all together. I know the more I feel like you do, and ripe at my hubby how I'm doing everything, the more he seems to dig his heels in GRRR! When I totally lay off and just get with it- WITHOUT whining, griping, muttering, being cold and aloof- he starts to help out more. I haven't yet figured a way to 'talk' to DH about his lack of help/responsibilty/ingratitude without him feeling attacked, lectured and nagged at - and that is after 17yrs!!
    You don't have to put up with it from him, but you have to be prepared for the alternative too, if you leave , you will still be doing absolutely everything, but without the man you love as well.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• The only way a man like that will learn is by going on strike, don't cook, clean or do anything for HIM, only do stuff for you and the kids, and when he bitches tell him too bad he doesn't like it he can get off his ass and help or just leave you alone and stop being a jerk. Go on strike once he stops getting taken care of he might appreciate what you do.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• anon:35 she did ask if she is the only person who puts up with this, don't be so pedantic
    Anonymous

• ok my question was am i the olny mom out there that does everything and what can i do to get everything done and not pass out ever time and all that
    mom_of_2_2009

Answer by mom_of_2_2009 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• true alaskanmom - not looking for a fight, but doesn't that make her just as bad as him - if you are trying to encourage helpful, sharing attitudes, then IMO this sort of withholding will just make him angrier and more obnoxious
    Anonymous