Need Toddler Recipes

Does anyone know of any good websites or books that have good ideas for meals for an 18 month old? I am stuck in a rut and need some new ideas! Thanks!

snugglybuggly

Asked by snugglybuggly at 9:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I always give my daughter whatever we're eating. No need to make a separate meal.
    Anonymous

• Don't waste your time with flashy recipes, most likely unless you are eating it too, she won't want it. If you really feel the need go to a second hand store, they have tons, have a flick through. They are all about sandwiches made into boats, faces, clowns... At 18 months, cubes of cheese, grapes, watermelon, chicken, low sodium ham, honey carrots (not raw!0) grated apple, or just hand her a whole peeled apple, scrambled eggs, crackers, sandwhich cut into little cubes, My kids love a little cup with frozen corn & peas LOL, rice pudding,pizza, home made wedges wth sauce or sour cream to dunk in, At this age it's really important to use the best quality you can -don't do chicken nuggets (read the box ewwh) get a store cooked chook and give her strips of the meat. Sadly the cheaper you go (nuggets, fish sticks etc) have low nutritional value & as she only eats small amounts you need to be sure everything she gets is really good
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Tater tot casserole
    INGREDIENTS
    1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
    one packet lipton onion soup mix
    4 cups frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn & green beans)
    1 (19 ounce) can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
    1 cup of milk
    1 (32 ounce) package frozen potato rounds

Reserve the tots for the top layer, but brown meat, mix all other ingredients together, use a large casserole dish top with tater tots, and bake at 375 for an hour. It is so good! Some people like to add cheese into the mix somewhere.

Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Rileys Mom - I'm in Australia - what's a potato round -I'm thinking like a small hashbrown?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Are you kids able to chew the skins of fruit. ie. pears, grapes, etc. I usually cut the skin off the pear and give him the inside, same with the grapes. I cut them in half or quarters depending on the size and peel the skin off. Do I need to waste the time peeling the skin off the grapes or can he chew it okay?
    snugglybuggly

Answer by snugglybuggly at 10:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would peel a pear, not a grape- but do cut them in half as they are a choking hazard Easiest way is put them all on a board, put a plastic lid on top and slide knife sideways through them, presto. He might hand you back all the skins LOL but he will be able to handle them. Same with pears but they can be very grainy. I would peel an apple, too
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• something else you can do is get an orange, peel it in one whole piece, let baby sit in an empty bathtub and let him suck and munch. Navel oranges are my favourite as they are usually juicy and sweet., and have NO pips
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I was afraid to give the whole orange slice to my son. I usually peel it off and give him just the meat. It seems like it would be hard for them to chew.
    snugglybuggly

Answer by snugglybuggly at 5:28 PM on Mar. 4, 2010