my adoption stories

First let me start out by saying that this will be very long and i am sorry about that. My name is Tina,i am 20 years old. i have two children (katelyn who is 6yrs old and Joshua who is 4yrs old). they both have the same father. well about 2 months after i gave brith to my son me and their father broke up. I started dating this other guy (a good friend to my kids father) well i ended up pregnant when my son was 4 months old. i could not handle another child at that time i was only 16 and had two children already. so i decided to give the baby up for adoption. well she was born 3 months early she was born on december 27 2006. she was not due till march. she stayed in the hopspital till febuary when my aunt adopted her. my aunt cant have kids of her because of some problems she went with me a pregnancy she lost. i was able to give her a child and i was happy about that. I got to name her my aunt let me. so i named her Kelsey.

KandJmommy124

Asked by KandJmommy124 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Adoption

• . she was such a good little girl and she still is she is great and she knows that i am her birth mom but that my aunt is her mommy. well fastforward to spetember/october 2007 i found i was pregant again and this time i was not sure who the father was it was either kelsey's father or if it was katelyn and joshua's father. i had broken up with kelsey's father and got back with katelyn and joshua's father. On july 24 2008 i gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Kyle. i gave him up to my aunt as well. But i did get a dna test done to see who the father was. His father turned out to be kelseys father. The reason i gave kelsey and kyle up for adoption was because i already had two kids and i was 13 with katelyn,15 with joshua,16 with kelsey, and 18 with kyle. i wanted to give kelsey and kyle the best life possible and i could not give it them since i already had my two children.
    KandJmommy124

Answer by KandJmommy124 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• my aunt is rasieing them so well she loves them so much and is very proud that i was able to give her the best two gifts ever. I am glad i was able to do that for her. but at times i wish i would not have because i dont want them to feel like i kepted my older two children and that i could not keep them. but i would like to one day when they are both older and can understand why i gave them up that they wont be mad at me for it. i do love them both will all of my heart. but i have my days when i see them that i look at them and say i could have done it but almost all days i say they have the bests life and a better home and the best parents in the world. i just need someone to tell me that i did the right thing for them. If i would have kepted them their father would not have been in their life anyway he is not in my life at all and he is not in theirs eaither. his name is on their bc.
    KandJmommy124

• first two answers are the parts to the story. just wanted to let everyone know that
    KandJmommy124

Answer by KandJmommy124 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• you did right for them, you made the best decision you could with the options you had. They may be great about it, especially if your aunt is presenting it to them as a positive choice, and you are still able to have some role in their life. They might have periods when they don't get it or feel angry, but you did your best. That's all anyone can ask
    Hugs
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You did the right thing at the time and given the circumstances. You and your adopted children are very fortunate to have your aunt raising the children, being their mommy, but also with the knowledge that you were their first mommy. Everything happens for a reason and you can't change the past. All you can do is love your kids, love yourself, and try to forgive yourself on the days that you get down. It just shows that you love them all.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Alas, we ALL second guess ourselves...don't we:) In an IDEAL situation, or a perfect world, every woman could have a child, and there would be NO adoptions needed:) This is not a perfect world. I guess, I would ask YOU , 'why do you feel the need for someone to tell you what you did was the right thing?" Only you can possibly KNOW if you did the right thing. Unfortunately adoption changes lives forever, it is the only guarantee. Your children will always wonder, the whys, however, just being truthful with them is best. You did a very good job explaining it to us. You seem to have a good relationship with your Aunt, and you are BLESSED to KNOW your children and watch them grow. Did you do the right thing? I cannot judge, nor will I. At the end of the day, only YOU can answer that. Just remember, you were/are very young..."IT is only a mistake...if you do not learn a lesson!" Blessings, C.J.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• At the end of the day, only YOU can answer that. Just remember, you were/are very young..."IT is only a mistake...if you do not learn a lesson!" Blessings, C.J.

Very well said, CJ.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Because you had 3 children by the time you were 16, I'm sad your Aunt didn't adopt YOU!

And, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:46 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• i feel i did the best thing for them. i gave them a better life then i could have given them. i wish my aunt would have adopted me and my brothers and sisters. my mom is/was a very heavy drinker and a drug user and she never really cared what her kids did and she had cps called on her a few times but she stoped rinking and doing drugs and she cleaned the house up and kepted it clean till they got out of our lifes. if my aunt would have adopted me i might not have my son and daughter right now tho. but we do have a really really close relationship she is like my mom.
    KandJmommy124

Answer by KandJmommy124 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• im confused. im not judging but just curious. what this says is completely different from your post. it said your pregnant with #3 & had an abortion in 2007??
    jbaldwin13

Answer by jbaldwin13 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 4, 2010