HELP, being invaded by ants!

I haven't seen any ants around so I'm really confused, but I went to put my son in his car seat and there were a ton in there! How do I get rid of them without putting chemicals on his car seat?! And why would they get in his car seat, in stead of something with food?! I don't understand, and now I'm scared they are gonna crawl in my 4 month old sons nose or something.. can ants hurt babies? Ahhhh

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Instant grits will cause the queen to explode and the colony will die. Salted water is good to clean everything with. The ants won't cross a salt barrier because it causes them to dry up.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Yea they can hurt because they bite skin, any kind of skin. You are going to have to get that car seat out of the car and treat the car and seat with something. Go to the lawn and garden section (maybe Walmart) and ask them for something that will not be harmful after it dries.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Wow that is good advice ecodani....I have never heard of that. I say follow this advice, mine involves chemicals.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Wow, I'm glad I read this. We have ant problems during summer where I live. Thank you ecodani!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• he might have dropped a rusk or something into the seat, you do need to grab the seat out and clean it up - the cover should come off for washing,
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• cinnamon is a good, natural ant barrier...I sprinkle it on the floor around my lizard's tank b/c ants will get in there to go after his food. You might wind up with some cinnamon on baby's bottom though if you use it in a car seat :) at least he'll smell nice :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 10:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2010