Wax or shave?

I have been thinking of going Brazilian, but I need some info from those that are experienced. I dislike shaving because of the way the hair regrows (thick w/ blunt ends), but I don't feel confident enough to wax it all myself. I can do my bikini line, but I don't think I am brave enough to go all the way.
Question: For those that have gone Brazilian, how is it done in a salon? Is it uncomfortable having someone apply the wax to your lady parts? Is it embarassing, or do they just seem so normal about it that it puts you at ease? Do you have to get into any special positions to get it all done (I have heard that you need to get on your hands and knees - not sure how true that is)?
Thanks in advance for any helpful info!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I loved getting waxed! Miss it so much! Sadly we moved back to our home town and it's a small town so I just don't trust anyone to keep my business about that region to themselves! Plus not to many places around here do them! I had a great esthetician who made me feel comfortable! I think that is really important if you decide to get a Brazilian or even just a bikini wax! If you keep up with it and go every 3-5 weeks then it is less painful! When I had mine done she had me lay on my back and occasionally move my leg here or there. Getting your lip waxed hurts way worse then a brazilian! Well worth the money!
    kristie1029

Answer by kristie1029 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I've never been waxed but it sounds painful...and expensive.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Hah! After going to the ob/gyn for so long when I was pregnant and constantly having to bare all when I was NOT at my finest, I don't think I'd be embarassed to go.
    I know some places will let you keep underwear on, like a thong, something easy to work around (not like granny panties lol) just for the comfort I guess, of not being completely nude.
    And they only make you bend over if you wanted your (not to sound blunt) butt crack waxed.
    Anonymous

• just do it! like other poster said... youve been to the gyno while pregnant. no it isnt comfortable... but it isnt too embaressing.. bc you know they do it all day and have prob seen a lot worse! same thing when you get a brazilian. just go to a nice place. dont do it at some nail salon or anything. haha. and yeah youll probably have to get on all fours if you want them to get rid of ALL hair. ive done it before, but i usually just shave bc i can do that myself. i tried to wax myself once, and it didnt go so well. haha.
    Anonymous

• I've never done a wax myself. I always go to a spa. It doesn't bother me at all that the technician sees everything. I mean she has the stuff too! :) Just make sure you go to a nice place - and make sure the technician is licensed!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2010