Can tiny black ants harm a 4 month old baby?

I've heard the little black ones don't bite, but I'm nervous, I'm scared even if they don't bite one will crawl up his nose and do something.. like idk, get in his brain.. I know this sounds ridiculous but I'm a worry wart when it comes to my little boy..

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is why I never watch 1000 ways to die. I worked in the medical field too long and can visualize some of those injuries. Sorry, rambling. I have never seen one that talked about a sinus eating ant before though.
    Here's a silly way to put it so you can rest easy. Ants are workers and they are not rule breakers. They must follow the line that the scavenger ant maps out for them. They only go to food that is in consistency ie leaky faucet, near garbage can etc. So unless your baby goes to bed with food on him everynight, they would not dare touch him. They are thousands times more afraid of us and unless the queen is dying of starvation they would not invade him.
    Worst case scenario; if one does decide to break the rules and venture out, he would die instantly when he gets in the nose. The mucous and heat would kill him.
    Watch a bugs life sometime; it is cute and shows how ants live.
    wolfmomma30

Answer by wolfmomma30 at 2:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• just brush them away, they can bite if they are scared, and can go into ears, noses etc. Just brush them off if one crawls on him
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• LOL it won't get into his brain LOL he has a skull to stop that happening
    myheartx4

• OP HERE- I'm talking about when he is sleeping, sorry.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• WHy would he be near ants?
    They can crawl in the ears and nose yes, but any bug can do that.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I am pretty sure (not in the medical field) that there is not a direct passage between the brain and the nose. At most it would get in his sinuses. I've never heard of an insect going up into anyone's sinuses, though.

Answer by Bmat at 10:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• OP HERE- he would be around ants because I found some today in our house, we got ant killer and stuff, but I'm scared they will make there way into his room.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• OHHH JUst read your other post LOL I was confused. Have you tried cleaning the car seat very good? Can you remove the padding and the use a cleaner on the seat?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• OP HERE- yeah I am doing that now, I'm just scared when I get it all clean, or he's sleeping, some how ants will get in there and hurt him. Idk, I'm sure I sound really stupid but I am just worried, I watch 1000 ways to die on Spike all the time and it makes me worried because the weirdest things can kill you.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Oh we use that gel stuff that you put around borders also this one it works wonders!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Ortho-0195310-3-Gallon-Defense-Perimeter/dp/B000A0LFLS

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2010