Activities for a playdate?

I'm hosting a playdate which is a totally new thing to me! I've never really even BEEN to one before, much less hosted one! There will be 6 babies which I don't think will need any organized activities, but there will also be 6 kids who are between 3 and 5. Should I have organized activities for them or just let them play? I'm thinking they'll be here about 2 hours and I'm wondering if I should prepare a craft or game or some other sort of activity for them to do? Any ideas? Thanks!

winkie_pinkie

Asked by winkie_pinkie at 10:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Playdoh is always fun. If you make it yourself it is really cheap too. I would have them play for a while and then bring out the playdoh about half way through. They will probably play with it for 25-40 minutes, then there is a bit of time to run around again.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would have some activities available in case they are needed. Sometimes kids are fine coming up with their own things, sometimes they need a little help. I would just let them go, but be prepared with activities if necessary. Have a craft, cupcakes to decorate (then eat), playdoh, make lifesize cutouts --- anything that you would do with your little one in case you don't use it at the playdate. If everyone is happy just playing on their own, you might stress them out by trying to start an organized activity.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 4, 2010