holding baby while expecting another

Im only 10 week along with baby number 2, and I have a soon to be 1 year old. It already makes me sick when theres pressure on me, and its hard to carry my son on my side. How do you hold your kids when theres one in the oven?
And is it bad to have some pressure on your stomic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No your stomach will be fine. If it is uncomfortable then just try different ways. I still hold my daughter who is almost 1. I too am almost 10 weeks. Only thing that hurts is when she kicks or head butts me.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• well get over that! I had a 7-8mos old when I was pregnant with baby 2. He was 16mos when she was born. You can have some pressure. I really just took care of him and worked so I never payed attn to how I held him. I guess mostly to my side.
    Anonymous

• I hold my 1 yr. old on my side under my arm like a football.
    Anonymous

• i got pregnant with my second when my daughter was 4 months. i carried her up until the day i delivered. my suggestion is get use to it. at only 10 weeks along you shouldnt even have a belly! if you are cramping badly or something id ask your doctor to check things out. good luck.
    Anonymous

• My oldest was about 9 months when I was pregnant with my second. I'd usually cradle him to my side - he fit perfectly to the side of my belly with his head on my shoulder. Plus my grandmother taught me how to tie a back sling, so that freed up my hands for a lot of things while still giving him the closeness he needed.
    EthnicMomma

Answer by EthnicMomma at 10:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and I carry my 10 month old. When I got pregnant with my 10 month old I had a 13 month old. I carried him and kids I babysat through out my whole pregnancy.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I'll let you know when I figure it out! LOL I am 33 weeks pregnant with #2 and my son just turned 1 on the 19th. I have been way more uncomfortable this time around. Probably due to carrying him and the extra weight from the new baby. Good luck. =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• No.. holding your 1 y/o and pressure on your abdomen is not going to hurt you. We have wider hips than is necessary for an adequate pelvic outlet so we can carry children on them ;)

You could get an expensive toddler back carrier whilst you wait for your abdomen to stop being so sensitive.. I remember when I was pregnant my abdomen was very sensitive/tender for the first 12 weeks.. it felt like I was super bloated. The uncomfortableness went away tho and didn't return again til I was 41 weeks pregnant.

Carrying your child will build your strength as he grows. Strength is good. Keep up your normal activities/exercise with adequate hydration and protein or you could find you are weak during labor or weak after pregnancy.. prolonging your recovery and making your transition to mother of 2 more difficult.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• The pressure won't be bad for the baby. My girls are 15 months apart so in the early stages my "big girl" was only about 9-10 months. But I carried her on my hip. Eventually, my belly was a good size for her leg to rest right up on there. I don't remember exactly how it worked, but I do remember wondering, when I was about to give birth, how I was going to carry my toddler WITHOUT the belly there, it felt so natural! Congrats, and don't worry, I bet it won't be uncomfortable in that way for too long.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2010