Getting your tubes tied

Baby #2 is on its way and I WILL be getting my tubes tied after this one. Can anyone tell me about it ? Is it very painful ? Does it take a long time to recover ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• actually this is exactly my situation too. can anyone with info send me a message also? Much appreciated!!! sorry I didn't have anything for the mamma who posted this. good luck though!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• It doesn't hurt at all, you're given great pain killers to avoid any pain during and after.....you're achy for a week or so, but you heal up rather quickly.....You'll be just fine, back to walking around in a day!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I had mine done a year ago. Yes it hurt the first day. BUT they sent me home with the good stuff and the recovery was pretty quick. I was fine in 3 days. I do not regret doing it. The surgery was a lot quicker and easier than I had imagined. I was really nervous but once I was in there I was already out and done! You'll be fine.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• If you have a C-section, it's easier to have it done at that time. If not, you will need to stay in the hospital about a day or 2 after. You will have a longer recovery period than a man having his junk done. I had mine done almost 9 yrs ago and it was the best decision for me. You don't have to wait a certain amount of time to heal before having sex, like a man does. Your periods could get worse, but they aren't bad. You will also have to take a class before the procedure for sure in California, not sure about other places, but it is required. It's just to let you know about the procedure and the risks and benefits. They also stress that it's virtually impossible to reverse the surgery, once it's done, that's it.
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I had mine done last year. I went in, in the morning and was out by 3 to pick up my son from school. For me the worse pain was the traped gas(it was in my shoulder) I felt like I had done alot of sit ups so my belly was tender. I have a small scar in my belly button and 2 in my waist line. I have 2 because they also removed Endometriosis since they were in there. Oddly enough my periods have seemed to lighten a little but tha has only been the last couple months and I had mine done in Sept 2009
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Talk to your doctor about essure
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have no clue. I had Essure done instead since it cannot self reverse. Good luck though!
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2010