I have 2 questions completely seperate from each other

First - I just recently found out my sister stole a bunch of Jewelry from a family member to support her drug habit, upon hearing this I told my birth mom, that I do not want my sister in my house because although my family may not have much, we wanted to keep the things we had. She gave me a guilt trip and told me I should be ashamed for not having more faith in my sister. I still havent changed my mind! What would you have done?

Second - just recently a friends husband started sending me texts saying things as a married man and knowing I am married he should have NEVER said, I ignored him but he kept going. I told my friend what her husband was doing. Did I do the right thing or how else should I have handled that situation?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 10:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• You did the right thing both times. Do not second guess yourself. You made the hard choices, be proud that you did. You have to protect your family if even from a sibling and a friend from her husband. Sometimes our worst influences are in our own family.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You're right on both issues!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Question One: You are absolutely correct and your Mom is not holding her accountable for her actions. As long as you are 100% sure she did it, you have the right and a responsiblity to make her earn your trust back. You don't need to be mean about it and let her know you love her still but that she needs to prove herself to you again.

Question Two: I think it depends on your relationship with your friend. But if my husband did something like that I would want to know so i think you did the right thing.

Good for you for sticking to your values!!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree - I think you did the right thing. It makes sense that your mom would give you a guilt trip - it's probably pretty painful for her to hear about one of her daughter's being in that kind of trouble, and she may not know how to handle it.

As for the friend's hubby, again, I think you did the right thing. However - DO NOT beat yourself up if it has a negative impact on their relationship. A long time ago, I told a friend of mine that her hubby had been at a party I was at - and he was making out with another woman. Not terribly long after, they got a divorce. I kind of felt like it was partly my fault for getting involved, but it's not fair for her to be in an unhealthy relationship, and she is happier in the long run.

I hope things work out well for you in both situations :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 11:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• anon 8:04 we know 100% she did it, she not only confessed but pawn shops have her on camera pawning the jewelry
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 11:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• thank you stellar
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 11:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You did right about the sister and for the friend's dh, I'd have told my dh and let him handle it.
    Anonymous

• I thought about that, but decided to handle it on my own
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 11:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I think you did the right thing on both situations, except i would have told my DH about the other guy. that way, if it comes back to you, your husband already knows about it.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• right on both cases
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 11:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2010