can a 14 month old over eat in one setting?

I am sure it is probably possible....but today I fed my son his normal proportion for lunch and right after he was playing and then started acting weird...by weird I mean he seemed really tired all of a sudden and then threw up his entire meal :( He had a stomach bug 2 days ago but thought he was over it. I dunno if he over ate (is that really possible, b/c I thought young children know when they are full) or if he still had a small touch of the bug? He didn't get sick later on at all in the day. Just curious if lil ones can over eat at this age?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My guess is that it had more to do with the stomach bug than from him eating too much. There was probably something in his meal that didn't agree with his tummy. That's great that he can have such a good appetite after/while being sick like that. Just make sure he still is getting plenty of fluids. The bug will probably mess with his tummy for a couple more days.
    MommyofMolly

Answer by MommyofMolly at 11:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I agree probably to do with the bug, but also , if he has had much less to eat over the past couple of days his little tummy really won't like being full to the brim straight away. As long as he is okay now and brightened up I wouldn't worry, but go easy on his next couple of meals
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2010