Anyone know anything about AT&T GoPhones?

Do you HAVE to put it on the $1 or $3 plan? Or can you just buy a card, put the minutes on the phone, and then start calling people? Our cousin got my 9 year old sister one of these "Pay as you go" GoPhones and Mom and I were needing to know before we open it.

Galikian

Asked by Galikian at 11:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• You dont have to. My dad has one you can just buy a card.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• okay doke... They will charge you a 1 a day if you are simply adding minutes. Example: Add $15.00 and your phone will lose 1 a day plus, the charge per minute to talk to others, plus the charge per message you get. Call to other ATT phones are free.

They have a 60 unlimited plan (unlimited mobile to mobile, unlimited minutes, unlimited messaging) however this plan is not on the 3G network so your signal WILL BE very spotty.

I hope this helps.. if you have anymore q's i'd be happy to answer them if I can
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Does anyone know if you still get charged for incoming calls you don't accept if you're on the 1 and 3 dollar plans? I've already been told you do with just the cards.
    Galikian

Answer by Galikian at 11:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• You are charged by the minute, so by not accepting call , you will not be charged. However... if, for example: you have 2 dollars left on your phone, and someone calls you... although you did not answer your phone, the dollar will still be taken from your balance. The best way around this is to turn your phone OFF until you are ready to add more money. by having it off they will not take the 1 charge.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:12 PM on Mar. 5, 2010