Pregnant with Depo shot?

I recently had sex with my SO and the condom broke. I started taking depo at the beginning of the year and am due for my next dose in April. He is concerned that I might be pregnant, but I am hopeful that the depo will prevent that. Can anyone give us some assurance or concerns? It is too soon to take a PT but it will be VERY difficult to continue our relationship conversations until then.

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 11:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• i was on the depo shot for a 6 months now its been a year i couldn get perganat dont worry
    ranay375

Answer by ranay375 at 1:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I got pregnant on depo...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Take a test.... get blood taken
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• my best friend was on depo and got pregnant. she was on it for over a year too. i would get a blood test to make sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• i was on the depo shot for almost 3 years, never got prgnant, but a friends mom got pregnant with 3 of her 4 kids while on deop, so its possible. No birth control is 100%
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I got pregnant on depo! I was on it for 6 months and they did a test by blood!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2010