Chemo/radiation question

My aunt started chemo this morning and is going to also start radiation tomorrow. She's upset about a lot of things, including her hair, and we want to put in to get her a good wig, but I'm wondering what kind of timeline we have on how long before the hairloss starts. (or if anyone knows how long it normally takes to order one)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• NP, I found this. It looks like a very helpful link. http://www.christie.nhs.uk/patients/booklets/pdf/chemo/CopingChemo_hair.pdf

I was thinking between 3-5 sessions, but I wanted to look that up before saying so.  Good luck to your aunt.

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• Oh, that's in the UK, so you may not want to order the wig from their suggestions, but the tips and advice and all looks very informative.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• As you know my Aunt went through Chemo and radiation to try to reduce her cancer enough for surgery, which failed and she died last week. Anyways she began noticing significant hairloss by her 4th session.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• She may be one of the lucky ones to not lose their hair. My mom went through chemo and months of radiation and didn't lose any of her hair. So I would at least hold off on buying a wig until there are signs of hair loss.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2010