baby sunblock stained her shirt

I put Coppertone Babies sunblock on my daughter. I must have gotten a bit on her shirt when I was rubbing it in. I did a load of laundry & noticed the shirt has yellow stains all over it from her sunblock. Has this happened to anyone else? What will get the stains out? I tried Shout stain remover and it did not work. Thanks!

33sara

Asked by 33sara at 2:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Sorry, but not sure what would get it out. I have never had any trouble with that happening. We get sunblock on clothes all the time and have never have noticed it staining.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I just googled it and came up with a possible solution for Oily Stains: Make a paste of sugar and water. Rub it into the stain and let it set before washing.
    I use the Shout blue stain remover for set in stains or the Shout gel. The gel got black permanent marker out of a dress. It took a few goes but it got out. I also use Oxiclean but my kids are a little older and I don't need to worry about reactions to laundry detergent as much.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 28, 2008