Any ideas?

We need ideas for fun games for my three kids (5 yrs old boy, 4 boy and 2.5 girl). We live out in the country, the closest neighbors are close to a mile and they do not have any small kids. So basically is just the four of us for rainy and snowy days. We have tried some games but either my little girl does not follow thru or the other two boys get bored. (e.i. hide-seek, bingo, finger painting,Mr. fox, balloon fights, puzzles)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• i saw hungry, hungry hippos commercial on tv the other day, i was thinking about getting that one. maybe you could all play dress up, pretend to be on scavenger hunts, make yummy deserts for after dinner. I make cup cakes with my dd, and she helps by putting the little cups in the pan :) hope that helps.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• OP: I say that commercial too! Thanks for your ideas mrsjosey1018200
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• A dress up box can go a loooong way. Build a fort out of a card table & a blanket or couch cushions and let them use their imaginations for what it could be. Set up a "pretend" school for a half hour or hour each day. You can play teacher and give them worksheets or workbooks to practice writing, drawing, numbers, coloring, etc. Every day could be something different - art one day, science project the next, math/puzzles the next, etc. Look online for tons for free homeschoolers ideas. I'm not saying formal homeschool - make it fun. You can even have one of the kids play teacher and you be a "student". Baking Day! Pick one day each week to bake cookies, muffins, a cake, bread, etc. and let the kids do the bulk of the work. They'll be proud of their accomplishment & you can kill another hour while you all clean up the mess...lol. For wet or snowy weather, play in the rain, make mud pies, build a snowman, sled ride, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2010