• In the Spotlight:

doc is an hour away...

so my doc is an hour away..she's the doc i had with my first pregnancy, and i really like her...my husband does not want to be that far away for work reasons apparently and to be closer to home..but i really want to use her again for our second pregnancy (i'm not prego yet, but got mirena out today)..the doc knows my medical history, delivered my dd (when she wasn't on call), she was easy to talk to about my pregnancy, i generally all around liked her and reallly worry that i won't find another good ob/gyn...how do i get him to see my side/talk him into letting me use her again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• well, sit him down and tell him how you really feel. make a compromise. tell him that you will go and meet four or five new doctors where you live now. that if you feel that you would get the same leval of care with them that you will switch. tell him though, that if you realy feel uncomfterable or that the doctor wouldnt give you the same level of care that you want the old doctor. ask him if he would be ok with someone taking care of you that doesnt have your or the babys best intreset in mind but instead the bottom line?
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 5:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2010