ears bleeding

i just noticed my two year old had dried blood all over her ear and when i cleaned it there was blood it doesnt seem to be bleeding still but i dont know what to to she has ear tubes and idk if its normal im freaking out she doesnt seem to in pain or anything please help!!!

Ilovemybellaroo

Asked by Ilovemybellaroo at 11:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How much blood? if is is a tiny bit I wouldn't worry, Ears have a great blood supply, can you see if she has scratched it anywhere on the outside or does it look like it is coming from inside the ear canal. If outside, there is no problem, If from inside then you MUST call your Dr or go to the ER, as a bleed from inside the ears can be a sign of much bigger problems. It is always better to be safe than sorry
    Good Luck
    XX
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2010

• I would call the doctor tomorrow & just ask about it. If it is not currently bleeding & she seems fine then its not an emergency. I do recall my friend's son having tubes when he was young & wax & discharge would come out at times & sometimes it looked like it had blood in it. I dont know if that's what is happening to your child but yeah I would call tomorrow.
    Anonymous