How many calories should I consume a day to lose weight?

My doc thinks I need to lose atlleast 30 pounds. So now I am counting calories! Sad day for me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2010 in Health

• on the show cook yourself thin they said to think of your goal weight and multiply by 10. That's how many calories you should be getting a day
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• you need to figure up how many calories per day you burn first. DO that HERE:

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• You must eat at least 1200. Depending on your body you may need much more. The more important thing is that you add water, fiber and protein.

Do you take a good vitamin? I have a great one to recommend also we have wonderful heathy weight management support.

You can do it!
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 12:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• sorry got cut off:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-burned.php

then take that number, subtract 500, and that's how many calories you should eat per day to lose 1 lb a week (don't try to lose more than 2 lbs a week, and don't go under 1200 calories a day!)

AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• You can also up your exercise. For example, if you are sedentary right now and then you add in some exercise daily, you can up it to "light activity" instead of sedentary, and that will allow you to either eat little more, or to lose weight faster. Just make lifestyle changes, don't try to "diet".
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:06 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• THERE is a science to it....

BURN more than you eat and you'll loose weight. the 2000 calorie diet is for a healthy ACTIVE person. If you're not healthy, nor active, you can't count off of a 2000 calorie diet.

(Jullian Micheals from the biggest looser has a calorie counter... google her name and calorie counter... there's a mini test type thing and it will tell you for your body type and activity level how much you should eat. Then you'll just want to eat that, and burn more than what you're eating. )

Also try to make healthier food choices. That'll help a lot. Walk hard and or work out daily, even if it's only a little.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Good luck, and be sure to let us all know how it works out for you. :D
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I lost weight with nutritional cleansing. You can read more here - I lost weight with nutritional cleansing. You can read more here: http://www.squidoo.com/simplecleansing
    mom2threets

Answer by mom2threets at 2:50 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• weight watchers is the most successful weight loss program. i think that the group support is helpful. they will help you with your calorie count too. after a while you won't have to count your calories anymore.
    good luck with your weight loss!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 4, 2010