How much do you pay?

This is a question for those that use a housekeeping service, how much do you pay? I know its based on different things, such as size of your house, how many rooms, etc. We have two services coming by to check out our house to give an estimate, but I was curious.

Right now we only want it for a one time service (and we know for sure one of the companies offers a one-time spring cleaning service), because we are having a party here for some family and we want the house to look really nice when they come. We need a good thorough spring cleaning and unfortunately DH and I are too busy to give it the cleaning it really needs in time for the party.

Later on however we would like to get regular service.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I live in the Seattle area, and the average rate seems to be about $250 for a team of 2 for 2 hours. Private housekeepers are less expensive, and I have hired one woman at $35 an hour for 4 hour blocks.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2010