Have you ever done 'street witnessing'?

For serious minded Christians please

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 12:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't take anyone who does that as a serious person much less a serious Christian
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• what the hell do you do stand out on street corners shouting Biblical verses about hellfire and damnation?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I've done it before,it was fun.We went out as a group,some passed out tracks ,others talked gently with people,we didn't yell at anybody and we didn't talk about hell,we talked about the love of God and that people needed him.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 12:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• countingsparrows~

it is Tracts, not tracks.

if anyone is interested in "DOG" they will meet the, om their own, usually at a local animal shelter.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:26 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• you rockOn our way out of Gulf Shores, where we spent our vacation, we saw many people out in the street witnessing. It was the middle of summer and they were dressed in church clothes outside. I thought they were very dedicated Christians. I waved and was encouraged by their faithfulness.

Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have tried but usually is only with TRACTS. I think that everyone should do some witnessing if not with words with your actions. Anon 18 and 20 Obviously you do not know what you are talking about, because most witnessing nowadays is done by serious christians and they do not yell hell and damnation .....although that is what is going to happen to people that ignore the gift from God....Jesus!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Yes, and honestly it is super uncomfortable to me, I enjoyed it much when we were giving people something pratical (Ice cold water on a hot day at the park, lemonade on a local running/biking trail, ice pops for kids and parents at the park) and just telling them that Jesus loved them, this allowed so many more doors to be opened then just walking up to them because it allowed for walls to be let down and the start of relationships...
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 2:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Yes. I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I'm a Jehovah's Witness. Inline with the Biblical example we witness from our house to house work, we street witness too the whole world over - Acts 5:42; 20:20; Matt.24:14)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• ^^^ Ooops! Sorry I cut that about badly. Meant to say:
    I'm a Jehovah's Witness. In line with the Biblical example we witness from house to house and street witness too, the whole world over - Acts 5:42; 20:20; Matt.24:14

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2010