Breastfeeding my 8 month old and suddenly having HORRIBLE HORRIBLE CRAMPS! Is this normal?

It's mostly on my left side and it's REALLY strong in my lower abdomen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not a breastfeeding thing. If the pain is very severe, call your doc. I would not consider this normal. I'd suggest it's your gall bladder if the pain was on the RIGHT side.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I would check with your doc...it may have nothing to do with BFing...are your constipated?? on your period??
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• It also could be your overary. You may have a cyst or just a painful ovary. Mine(my LH one) hurt also when I ovulate.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I would say it could be.... you need to poop, have an ovarian cyst or possibly an ectopic pregnancy.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• You may be be getting a cycle. I got one at 5 months pp even though I exclusively breastfeed. I was cramping on and off for a week before. I also have cramped months that I got no period at all but they came during the same time every month.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• My first thought is possibly an ectopic pregnancy considering you said horrible 3 times. I would call the doctor and get checked ASAP.
    Good luck & I hope you feel better!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2010