It's a question about Facebook

I have 166 friends and only a handful ever seem to be online or do status updates.
I have never had more then 12 people online.
Could this mean alot of people have me blocked or blocked me from getting their updates?
Half these people are classmates from 20 years ago...
I'm new to facebook and only have it because my daughter wanted me to have it when she went to college. Then to my amazement everybody that I have ever come across is on facebook, so I got busy adding people,lol but now i just wonder why have so many people when only a few give updates

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can adjust your settings so that only certain people see your updates, so some people may have done that, but most people just don't do updates. Be sure to check what you have allowed to post on your wall. Once you start playing with the site you should figure it out pretty easily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• It might be your settings. I don't recall right off how you change it, but for a while mine was set to only display updates from a few friends that facebook chose or somethign like that. I went in and changed it but that's been a little while ago. Now it shows all my friends updates.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• no...if someone blocks you it means you aren't facebook friends with them nor can you see their profile...its just the time of day...i have 600 friends but there are never more than 60 online at once...also some turn their chat boxes off cause they don't want to talk to ppl
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have friends too who just never seem to be on there so after awhile I delete them. I only want active members on my friends list.
    lich663

Answer by lich663 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have a facebook account and update my status regularly, but I hust go in see what others are up to , update and leave. I am rarely up for a chat (running around after 4 kids, a business etc not alot of time there). It's not cause I want to be rude, and I love to stay in touch with everyone, we just aren't all in front of our computers at the same time... just like cafemom
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2010