"Prolly" on Ghost Hunters...

Did anyone see the 100th episode of Ghost Hunters tonight? Besides being completely cool, did you catch the first question? The person actually said, "prolly," for "probably." Really???? How in the world does someone actually get through highschool and "God forbid," college thinking PROLLY is a word?????

The only reason I bring it up here is, because I see it soooooo much on CM. Are people actually no longer being taught simple grammar, or do they just don't care?

AngelDawn7

Asked by AngelDawn7 at 12:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• no accent he read the email question word for word and even spelled it as it appeared. Yeah I agree not cute at all. I know I miss spell words and such but come on. I hate axe instead os asked. I always respond really you axed someone? Hope they didn't die.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Maybe it was his accent. I say certain words like instead of saying you all I say Y'ALL. I know to write you all.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• the ppl <- people on CM<- cafemom, write on here we dont talk so how do u <- you know we talk like that? oh because of the words we write, right........well its prolly<- probbably because we dont feel like writing out the whole word!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• what does it matter to you? im from jersey and i get shit said to me all the time now that i live in CA.. i say cawfee instead of coffee because of my accent. i type prolly cause im lazy on the computer and shorten everything. and i did make it trough HS and College too with a B.S in Psychology so why dont you stick that in your pipe and smoke it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I think people just don't care anymore. And saying something with an accent is different than saying PROLLY. I hate that word. I'm not a grammar nazi but I had a friend who pronounced sandwhich "sang-which" and that drove me nuts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• It had nothing to do with an accent. The question was written out. The person reading the question actually spelled it, and everyone on stage LAUGHED at it. It's not accent. It's also not using "texting grammar." That has a place in texting, NOT when writing a question to be read, or trying to make an intelligent answer to something. All it does then is make you look stupid.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

•  I hate axe instead os asked. I always respond really you axed someone? Hope they didn't die.

laughing

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 4:38 PM on Mar. 4, 2010