should I worry

so I am 30 weeks but the due date my doctor gave me says im 26.4 should I be worried about this at a later date since i have had to be induced at 42 weeks with all my kids, a bit worried that with them being off, ill go way over 42 week..
oh and side infomation baby messure 30 weeks now but doctor says its cause of the amount of weight i have put on, OH and I know this is how far along I am since I only had sex once from april to november,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can't go over 42 weeks. Your Dr is an idiot! Get new one. THe weight gain does NOT affect the measurements. They measure your uterus NOT your stomach fat. ( sorry was tyhe easiest way to put it ya know.)
    I personally wouldn't worry but I most def would look in to a new Dr.
    I know my due date was all over the place with my daughter. I really didn't know when I got pregnant with her because of a miscarriage before her.
    Good luck hun
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• thanks... everyone tells me dont worry.. but I think i should, just doesnt seem right too me.. and she refuses to change the date..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I think she sounds like a quack. I really would try changing Drs. If you know when you had sex adn you are pretty sure of when you got pregnant she should listen to you.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Wow that's stupid! Moving the date by a few days is one thing, but moving it by 3 and half weeks is negligent unless she has a good reason for that. The only thing is it isn't based on when you had sex, it is based on when your last period was, I have a 5 wk cycle and my due dates are always out by a week. Did you have a sonogram early in the pregnancy. They would have measured the femur bone and it is very accurate at predicting foetus age.
    I'd get a new doctor immediately. If you went 42 weeks by her predition, you would be 45 wks in reality, and the baby would be in trouble. It's your body, your baby and she is being a bully with this, find another DR
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2010