Whats a good price to sell each outfit of my son if there in great condition?

or also like if I sell a lot of clothes, whats a good price?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Considering I buy new clothes for my son at around $5-7, I'd say $2-3 would be fair for unworn resells. Used clothing-- maybe $1? Please don't be offended if my range is low-- I really have no idea.

I'd check with your local consignment store and see what they're selling for, and base your price around that. I have heard of moms who sell the complete outfits-- the shirt, pants, hat, socks, undershirt, etc. for a single price, so that would be more consistent with my $1 -$3 range for each piece.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:30 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• People won't even pay 1/3 of you paid for. That why it isn't a good idea to buy expensive clothes for infants-kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• You mean outright, garage sale or ebay? You will get less at a garage sale. Maybe $5 a set if it's nice. If you tale them to a consignment shop most pay 50% and can get a bit more if it is a nice place.
    I sell on ebay and you can look at the sold itms to see what people are paying for what you are selling but you have to make sure you have priced them to include the fees.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Look on ebay and check the "completed Listings" for boys clothes to get an idea of what they go for. I just sold a "lot' of baby girl clothes 6-9 month size, 80 pieces for 43.00 plus shipping if that gives you any idea.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• garage sells- you can start out high- but if you are still have them at the end of the day( to high) or you can haggle the price with them. those depends if you want to get rid of them. I marked all the shirts .75-1.00 unless the tag was still on them- then i did half. anything that u get is better then not getting anything at all. everyone is looking for a bargin, even in the resale shops.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I use to put them together by size and season and sell them in bulk-my listing would say "complete Fall wardrobe for a 7 year old" then list what was included. I usually sold a lot for about $50- I would also write "will consider parting out" but never had to!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2010