I'm looking for suggestions for a great Ladies study bible

Morning ladies,
I'm looking for a great ladies study bible. I would like something that is geared to my age range (30's) and that will relate to me. Any suggestions?
Also do you have any suggestions for books that will help you become the wife that God expects you to be?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I attend a non-denominational church, if that helps.

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 7:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Charles Stanley has a great Life Principles Bible go to intouch.org My dm uses this and loves hers!
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 7:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• see Rebecca's pages when you visit this site. She was his mother that raised Dr. Stanley
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 7:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• The Power of a Praying Wife (Stormy O'martian). Lies Women Believe (Nancy Leigh DeMoss) is good. And A Woman After God's own Heart- Elizabeth George.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 7:24 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• If you are doing this with a group, Dee Brestin has a bunch of different studies. They're all titled: A Woman of _____ (Moderation, Love, etc)
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 7:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Go to Christian Book Distributors web site. They have tons of Bible studies materials. They have ones on the books of the Bible, as well as studies on different topics. I find these to be more successful than the studies on the books of others. Books on marriage include HIS NEEDS, HER NEEDS, FOR BETTER OR FOR BEST, THE POWER OF A PRAYING WIFE, WHAT EVERY MAN WANTS IN A WOMAN, and WHAT EVERY WOMAN WANTS IN A MAN and many, many others.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:57 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Get Jehovah's Witnesses to give you one of their 'What Does the bible really teach?' books and a 'Family HAppiness' book. All Bible based. I like them anyways and hey don't make you a JW just to read or use them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Thank you everyone for the suggestions! However, I think I will stay away from the Jehovah's Witness stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I liked the Hem of his Garment study on Healinghearts.org. Very good for women going through a hard time or just needing to be closer with God. You can do the study online or print it off.
    Anonymous

• Beth Moore's Breaking Free or Esther would be great. She has a DVD series that gives 1 hour of her lecturing and then we break up into small groups. Her studies have workbooks that go along with the study and have short daily lessons to complete on your own. They are nondenominational. You will need the DVD series (9 weekly sessions) and then each member needs to buy a book. Hers have by far been my absolute favorite studies and she is a phenominal speaker, funny, down to earth and REAL. You can find them at her website http://www.lproof.org/
    Her studies are VERY good.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• However, I think I will stay away from the Jehovah's Witness stuff.
    ,
    have you ever listened to them, read any of their stuff or seen their website. its not for everyone but i couldn't knock their love and use of the bible.

having had a lot of contact with them i find comments like baffling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2010