How do I put my son to bed in his crib?

I tried everything and he still wants to sleep with me. I now have to let him sleep on the living room floor and I move him to his crib, he sleeps for hours but how else can I do the deed? I rather put him in his crib to sleep.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have been waiting untill my son is tired then i put him in his crib and he cries for about 5 or 6 minutes then he is a sleep he doesnt get up again till feeding time.
    mom2girls82

Answer by mom2girls82 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Lay him down in his crib when he is tired and about to go to sleep. Stay with him by placing your hand on his belly--so he feels you are still there. When he is sound asleep, then you sneak out of the room. It may take 10+ minutes, but that's what I used to do with my boys.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• just put him in there and walk out. He may cry a little but its ok... As long as he doesnt cry for a long time. We got our daughter a mobile from Wal-Mart that plays music and has lights on it and she loves that thing! I turn it on and then put her in her crib and she looks at it and then falls asleep in minutes! It was a great thing to buy! Good Luck! :)
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 8:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Wy? If he falls asleep better when he feels secure, what is wrong with moving him later, especially if he sleeps just fine!

If his issue is security or he is high needs, pushing it may backfire terribly. Just a word of caution.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2010