How do you feel about this....agree or disagree?

I just read an aritcle in the news about a young girl receiving a religious pamphelt from her drive up window customer that contained this:

"You may have been given this leaflet because of the way you are dressed,” it begins. “Have you thought about standing before the true and living God to be judged?”

It continues with one essential theme: The sins of men are, in part, the fault of women, specifically women in tight-fitting clothing. Yates was annoyed. Then she got to a section on page two:

“Scripture tells us that when a man looks on a woman to lust for her he has already committed adultery in his heart. If you are dressed in a way that tempts a men to do this secret (or not so secret) sin, you are a participant in the sin,” the leaflet states. “By the way, some rape victims would not have been raped if they had dressed properly. So can we really say they were innocent victims?”

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think this is despicable and absolutely arrogant and reaffirms my own belief that there certainly is NO god. ANd if there even were a god, he/she/it would NOT think this way. THis is disgusting!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Wow an insult at a drive threw, nice..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I'm a Christian. I'm a mom of both a teenage boy and a teenage girl. I believe that there are a lot of outfits that are in very poor taste, and are not modest enough. I think that there aren't enough girls that have been taught (or whose family teachings have been undermined by society) to respect their bodies.

BUT - I think that this is WAY out of line - for a LOT of reasons. It is not appropriate for them to comment on this girls outfit. If she's at work at a drive up window, she's most likely in a uniform and I highly doubt it was "too exposing". What one person views as immodest isn't the case for others. (it's not been that long ago, historically speaking, that it was scandalous to see a woman's knee or even ankles).

And as far as the comments about rape - I won't even go there....!!!!!!!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:45 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• angryWhat! Are children playing in their bathing clothes or naked a participant in a child molesters sin even if that molester just THINKs about the child badly?????????????? Common sense shouts a big fat NO!

Bad dress does reflect badly on our personal morals (we use dress to express ourselves after all and that would be pointless if some 'message' couldn't be attached to certain styles and choices). But a woman walking the streets naked while being a "cause for stumbling" is not without rights. One of those rights being the right to CONSENT to sex or not. She may look 'loose' and likely to want casual sex BUT SHE IS STILL MISTRESS OF HER OWN BODY AND MIND!!!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I think that what this pamphlet would be is a streatch of the Bible. I think that you have to be watchful of yourself at all times. So what does it matter what happens around you? You think for yourself and then if you think wrong you have the freedom to then ask to be forgiven!! You can not put any of your actions off on anyone else. Whether you believe in God or not you know that what you think is on you. Lust for things and people is a major flaw in people. Not ever being happy with what we have is the problem. A man that sees a woman and is willing to forcefully get what he wants is just using the fact that the woman was wearing something as an excuse. Like when the kids hit each other and it is because the other one hit them first. which is right? Neither!!
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 7:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• LOL, YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THIS! pretty lame attempt if true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi0yLRX4d2M

EVANGELIZING THE SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE SHOULD BE ABOUT THIS!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Agree with red faced sweetpea Anon above and add:
    "But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn, sin, when it has been accomplished, brings forth death." James 1: 14, 15

(Deuteronomy 32:5) They have acted ruinously on their own part; They are not his children, the defect is their own. A generation crooked and twisted!
    (Isaiah 44:20) He is feeding on ashes. His own heart that has been trifled with has led him astray. And he does not deliver his soul, nor does he say: “Is there not a falsehood in my right hand?”
    (1 John 2:16) because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world.

[JW mama]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I think if you dress slutty like you are sexually avaialable you are reprehensible before God. We all know the scriptures talking about dressing modestly. But we are also responsible for our own actions. I hate modern slutty dress (music videos and popand film stars are a perfect example). It is a protection to dress how God deems best. We are all weak and imperfect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• IMO that wasn't the drive through customers place but I do think you should dress appropriately. Not because of sin and lust and God being down on you but just for the simple fact of self respect. But to each his own I mean how hard is it to ignore people and they way they are dressed most people easily ignore the homeless so....................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Anon 59:  There is nothing in the post about how she was dressed.  It says she worked at a drive through, chances are if it was a fast food chain, she was in a uniform.  You're making judgements based on information that you do not have!

OP:  I think it is disgusting!  That is why I would never consider Christianity.  It is far too restrictive for my free spirit.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2010