Redneck Baby??

Hi Everyone! My 8 month old son has a terrible red rash around his neck from teething ( drooling). My Dr. says it is common and we started him on two different creams. Nothing is helping so far. Does anyone have any recomendations for this?? It just looks so painful :(

arismom701

Asked by arismom701 at 8:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• all you can really do is keep it dry....
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 8:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• vaseline works best. keep a bib on at all times
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• My son had the same thing. It was awful. We would use aquaphor on him which seemed to work well.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I used A&D ointment. make sure you wipe his neck after he eats and keep a bib on him... it will go away eventually.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Keep his neck clean and dry.

Answer by louise2 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Keep it as dry as possible.... we had a zillion bibs and we changed them often throughout the day... and then make sure you get the neck very clean at the end of the day and dry it.
    We also had blatic amber teething necklaces... that are a natural way to ease the pain of teething... but one of the things I noticed the most was the the drooling almost stopped! So check out those... they are cheap online.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• lol I thought you were gonna say your baby is riding tractors, collecting datsun's, and says "moo" and likes cows or something!

I'd use A&D on the neck, gently dry saliva often, and try to air it out as often as possible .. Also don't rub it too hard..

Have you thought about putting a bib on your baby? Maybe that would help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2010