My belly suddenly isn't hard!

I'm 14 weeks 4 days along and my belly started "hardening" around the 7th week. I was told that it's bloat, and it'll go away since I was looking really big. I lost most of the bloating and my belly was hard, this was around 12th week. Well fast forward 2 weks and suddenly my belly isn't hard anymore. I can feel my uterus (I'm a big girl) but I still feel un-easy. Has this happened to anyone else? Or should I be really worried? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't want to scare you,but mine did that just before my daughter died inside me.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:14 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I'm not sure, never heard of that. Best to call your dr this morning if you are that worried about it. Better to be safe than sorry. I hope everything is ok!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I found this:
    "During pregnancy, your belly will only start to harden between the 19th and the 21st week. The tummy is bloated before that but is not hard because the baby is coated by vernix, which is an oily fluid which has the consistency of cheesy cream. This coat is responsible for protecting the baby's gentle and delicate skin from the amniotic fluids that our body generates."

so it's probably that you're still bloated. If you're worried call your doctor.
    SapphireMomma

Answer by SapphireMomma at 8:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2010