Spot on lung

I figured I'd re-ask this on here.i know its not for fun,but it gets more responses usually.My mom went in for a follow up exam after she developed pneumonia.She already has emphysema.Her chest x-ray showed a spot on her lung.Has anyone had a loved one experience this? We're hoping its something other than cancer,but since she smoked for 47 years,it probably is.

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Both my parents died from lung cancer. My dad at 50 and my mom a year ago. I basically took care of her for 5 years while she went through 3 cancers( tumors) including 2 surgeries, 2 rounds of radiation(one twice a day) and chemo before it got the best of her. She passed away 5 months after they told her there was no more they could do.
    I hope your mom doesn't have cancer and if she does I hope they can get it all with one surgery.
    With her first tumor she had radiation and they gave her too much. The Dr they sent us too for removal sent us to MD Anderson because he couldn't remove it. I don't want to sound like a bummer but it isn't easy for anyone and I hope you have family to help and support her during her treatment.
    I do recommend a good cancer center instead of just any old hospital and oncologist. If you don't have one close then get to one. They do have grants for travel and most have their own residence hotel.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Could be tuberculosis, I think.

Answer by louise2 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2010