How much time do you give your child to get ready for school?

Does your child have a daily routine for getting ready, if so, what is the routine?

momov4kids

Asked by momov4kids at 8:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• get up at 7 eat then get dressed. If they ate and got dressed in time they can watch Tv will it is time to go at 750
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• eat, inhaler, brush teeth, dressed, shoes, out the door, i give him 30 mins
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• they all get up at 7.

get dressed

eat breakfast

brush teeth and hair

pack lunches (I help)

we're out the door at 8:15. so they have a good hour to wakeup, eat, and everything.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• have three boys to get ready.... 1 hour.
    dellamae

Answer by dellamae at 8:50 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• we now have 4 getting ready all at the same time, as of this week our schedules have changed.
    we get up at 540 and are out the door at 640.
    showers, teeth, dressed, breakfast, a quick debriefing for who does what afterschool and what has to be delivered to coaches and teachers first thing, and gone out the front door.
    I cannot imagine leaving the house after 7am, we have never got to do that EVER.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• my 9 yr old gets up at 7:05 am every morning (I get up at 5 am to get hubby ready and off to work by 6)... we leave the house by 7:30 so that he can have breakfast in school with his buds..
    all of his things are set up and or put together the night before NO exceptions... so that means, homework/folder/backpack/ things he needs to take to school the next day gathered and put into backpack...shoes/boots/leggings/coat/hat/gloves ALL together the night before...this also includes Fridays so that Mondays are not so Manic...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I get up at 6,get myself ready,make coffee, prepare breakfast for kindergarten,wake my big girl up at 7 and then she got time til 8 to get up,use the bathroom, brush teeth,get dressed and have a little snack. We walk out the door between 8.05 and 8.10. Jaliyah..depends what time she wakes up, I get her ready in between.....
    Janeeva2005

Answer by Janeeva2005 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• My kids get almost an hour. I wake them at 6:45am (if they aren't already up). they do the rest. They get themselves dressed, eat and then usually watch TV while they make sure their bags are packed and brush their hair. Eating and getting dressed only take about 20 minutes for the 2 kids. My oldest drags her feet on it, though, so the other kids are usually waiting around for her to finish getting dressed.
    They are out the door at 7:35am to walk to school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• They get about an hour. They wake up, lounge on the couch watching TV until they really wake up, eat breakfast, get dressed and ready for the day, get backpacks ready and we are out the door.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Thanks, this really helps, it's given me some ideas that I'm going to put into effect beginning tomorrow! I allow my dd an hour to get ready, she does have a routine, but it seems she is behind on her routine every day and we scramble to get out the door. gmasboy - I love the idea of getting the backpack, coat, etc. together the night before. And imamom - I also love your idea about tv after she's ready to help motivate her.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 1:45 PM on Mar. 4, 2010