In this economy/job market would be looking for a new job if you were dissatisfied with you current job?

I know I should be grateful that I have a job that pays ok, but I am not really happy. Would you look for a new position or just suck it up and ride it out?
I could make more $$ with another job....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• if you think you could make more money somewhere else then id be looking.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I would definately look around. But I wouldn't tell anyone I work with. If word gets around to management, your hours could be cut severely.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Why not? You may have a hard time finding one but there is no reason not to look unless you are the guilty feeling type who thinks you might take a job away from someone without one. Then thats just something you have to get over or live with.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Could is not you having that other job.  Make sure you have a secure job before quiting.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I would look but make SURE you have something before you leave your current job.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• It is definitely to get your Linkedin profile updated and start your stealth job search. There are lots of great tips, and support, in the Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/jobhuntingmoms

Answer by rkoloms at 10:07 AM on Mar. 5, 2010

• If your unhappy with your job have you thought about working for yourself? Ever since I started working for myself I have been very happy. No salary, no punching a time clock. No filling in for someone because they dont show up to work. I could go on.
    If your interested contact me I could help you work from home and what I do its simple and fun. I do free webcast that show in detail what I do. All you do is listen and then you decide if you want to do it. Its legit and I do get paid

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealthyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 10:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2010