This is getting to be too much and I really need advice

My daughter is 2 (turned 2 last September) and she refuses to cooperate to potty train. I have tried everything, telling her she's a big girl, buying her big girl panties, bribing her with candy. Nothing works. The first thing I bought was a toilet attachment, she didn't like it so i bought a small potty. she liked it at first b/c it was something that was hers but soon after she learned that she had to use it she just refused and now she kicks and cries when I want her to sit on it. She has to be ready she has all the signs (pulling at her diaper when it's soiled b/c it's uncomfortable, squatting in a corner to do #2, etc..) After this mornings battle I'm at my wit's end. I need advice and help.

DaGoodLife

Asked by DaGoodLife at 9:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was the same way and I would try everyday to make him use it and when he didn't want to I put his diaper back on and keep going with the day then one day he came up to me ask me to take off his diaper then went and grabed his potty he has been using it even since I think try to get her to use it once a day if she don't put the diaper on and she will tell you when she is ready they all do it on their own time you can't force it
    Mrs.Jolly

Answer by Mrs.Jolly at 10:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Don't put her in diapers. Put her in panties or let her run barebottomed. Be consistant.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• maybe when you put her on her potty you could sit on the potty too just to set an example...go together
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Here's the method that works for a lot of moms. It doesn't involve any just sitting on the potty, waiting for something to happen. She'll get that the potty has a purpose very quickly. Worked for us:
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/562/forums/read/4235060/3_Day_Potty_Training_Post
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Thanks mamas
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 10:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2010