Miscarriage at 5-6 weeks gestation..?

My cousin is about 5-6 weeks pregnant and she is bleeding and cramping. Does she have any real need to go to the ER? Will they do anything for her or just confirm that she's miscarrying?

She has no insurance and won't have enough money to pay the hospital bill. But if it's medically needed my parents are going to try and help her out with the money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No she doesn't have any real need to go to the ER unless she is bleeding large amounts of blood for an extended period of time. But her body is doing everything naturally and on its own. I'm sorry for your situation. God Bless all of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Sorry you have to go through this. I would go just to make sure. If the baby is in her tubes and she in miscarrying a tube could rupture and kill her. There is also the risk of blood clots and hemmoraging. She doesn't have to get the DNC if she doesn't want too but it would be best to go and make sure she is ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 4, 2010