I have 5 kids and my youngest is 3, I got my tubes tied after I had my 3 yr old. I am thinking about get them fixed so I can have another baby Has anyone did this? If so tell me more.

Asked by Native_Oneida at 2:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think the chances of the baby being ok are slim. My best friends sister got pregnant after having tubes tied and she lost the baby at 6 months.

• Talk to your doctor. I don't know anyone that has done this, but I know the chances of it working are very slim. There is also a very high risk of ectopic pregnancy. You might end up needing to do in vitro or something else rather than getting your tubes reversed.

Answer by sapient at 2:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• A tubal ligation reversal costs somewhere in the ballpark of $5,000. You go in, they fix you up, and you then try and conceive. Many women have trouble conceiving after this, but it's not impossible at all :)

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 3:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• It could be less time and heartache overall to go straight to invitro fertilization.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Really? That surprises me in this day in time with all the finacial struggles and recession that anyone could afford to do this unless they are rich. This costs about $20,000 and is not guarenteed. Do you have that kind of money? If so, can I borrow some gas money!?

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2008