My son (5 1/2) woke up this morning with a rash over his entire body. It was not itchy or raised, and the spots were small (about the size of pencil lead). Other than that, he was fine.
He's been on Amoxicillin for 8 days for Strep Throat. When I called the nurse line to see if he would be able to go to school, they told me he was having a non-allergic reaction to the Amoxicillin. It doesn't need to be treated, isn't anything contagous, and would clear up in a week. They also told me that it doesn't mean he is allergic to Amoxicillin and it is fine to continue taking it.
I've never heard of that before. Has anyone else experienced this with their child?
I am allergic to any thing with penicillin in it. I will break out from head to toe in a rash. For me though it was itchy. Glad he does not have that. I have never heard of that. Maybe that is what they call it when it is not itchy. Google it and see what it says or next time you at your Dr's ask them about it.
Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2010
Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2010
Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2010
Answer by Freela at 9:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2010
Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2010
Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2010
Answer by kim71504 at 11:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2010