Do you let your child

sit on your lap and "drive" the car home in your nieghborhood? I remember my dad letting me do this when I was a kid and I loved it!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no...lots of cops that live in my neighborhood. my dh lets him drive around our house and up and down our driveway in his lap and he lets him ride the lawn mower in his lap too...plus he has his little john deer tractor power wheel if he wants to drive
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I do that when we go camping only. No cars are around.

Now a days, there are too many cars on the road to do that.

I remember driving too. The good old days.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I remember doing that as a child too, but I definitely wouldn't even consider doing that now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• My ex let my kids do that when we went camping or in the parking lot across the street from where his parents lived at. Other than that they could sit in the drivers seat when the car was off and parked and pretend to drive and they also had their own cars they could use in the house (we had a big kitchen) or I would take them outside when it was nice.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 10:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I used to, we live on a private road with three other houses and a dead end. So I used to let them start at the top of the hill and drive down to our drive way. About the length of a foot ball field. Now they are teens so they can do it any way.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I did that with my mom too, but we lived in a tiny town where we know everyone and there were hardly any cars on the road. Where I live now, it is way to dangerous and crowded for that, plus there are cops everywhere!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• We live in the country on 10 acres, they either drive in teh pasture or we let them drive around out in the country.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:53 AM on Mar. 4, 2010