Having your tubes FROZEN? A new alternative to having your tubes tied?

Have you had this done or heared of this new alternative to having your tubes tied? I am curious as I hear it's much less invasive than having tubes tied.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I dont think that it would be any less invasive they still have to go in some how. Having your tubes tied now(Ihad mine cut, a peice remove, and burned) and it was a easy recovery.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:42 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• there is also a procedure where they put stints in your tubes. it is done in the dr office. i cant remember what it is called...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Soniam, are you referring to Essure? I'm somewhat interested in it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:39 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Yes, I am! I am interested in it too since it is not surgery. I put a question on here about it once but no one seemed to know anything about. From what I have researched on the Internet, the risks are the same as with a tubal. The only difference is that instead of being immediately infertile, you have to wait up to 6 months for scar tissue to form around the stints, they then do an ultra sound with dye to see if they are completely scarred over.

Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:31 PM on Mar. 4, 2010