Argument with husband : When is the Obama insurance thing suppose to pass

My husband got a new job, lost old insurance and new job doesnt have it, we cannot find any out of pocket insurances that will accept us ( pre-exsisting condition) and we make too much for the medical card ....

My husbands answer -- Just wait uil Obamas thing gets passed, so anyone with pree exsisting (sp) conditions can get insurance.......Which i dont think is a good excuse, sense we dont even know if it will and if it does...how long could that be .....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hopefully never.
    But there are some insurance companys that will accept you even with pre existing conditions, you just have to search.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• we have searched ... we have done phone interviews with every one that we could find... through referals, even just finding them online...in the last couple of months we have talked to atleast 3-4 a day !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• Keep looking. I see commercials for it all the time. Not trying to be rude, but its not the governments job to provide you and your family with health care. If I come across any companies I will add them here later.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• you see commercials for what ? We have literally called or went online for every insurance we seen on tv or the net or whereever else we have found it....and I think because of the govt. we cant get the insurance now, so I think they should have to provide it ..... having good insurance is worth a little extra taxes...we will have to end up paying them for something anyways, might as well be insurance that anyone can benefit from
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I don't know for sure, but from everything I have read even if it gets passed this year it will NOT take effect until 2014 although we would start paying for it immediately. Nice huh?
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 12:20 PM on Mar. 4, 2010

• maybe you could google alternative cures for your pre existing conditions...of cours i have no idea what they are...but there may be a very low cost solution. and emergency rooms can turn no one away, so that part is covered. i know insurance is expensive. we have been without it for 10 years. we pay cash for our births, and dental and vision, and really just look to medical doctors for emergency care. preventative care and maintenance we handle on our own. i wouldn't count on obama though, the insurance companies have too much to lose.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 4, 2010