The day you went into labor..

How did you feel? Did you know that day would be the day? Did labor come on fast or build up?

mommacierra

Asked by mommacierra at 10:08 AM on Mar. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The day before with each of my pregnancy's I was extremely tired.I also just know I would go into labor. With my first my water broke and then 10min later I got my first contraction. Within two hours they were 3 mins apart. With my second I had my first contraction 1:17am and within two hours they were 3 mins apart. So for both it came on fast.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• it was thusday night i was beat i went to sleep and my husband climbs into bed i had to get up to use the bathroom and i felt a pop my water broke pain that is all i felt pain when i got to the hosiptal i was 5 centimeters i didn't even know i was in labor intill the doctor told me i didn't feel anything at all intill my water broke
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• after many days of the "is THIS it?' feeling, I knew the minute I woke up - something deep inside told me it was the day.

#1 I told dh, and said I'd call him when it was time to go - shaved my legs on the couch with my legs in a pail - watching the View. lol

#2 I had a nap. and knew instantly - I'm not a 'napper' - went for a walk - came home said yep its the day. called the MIL and aaway we went.

#3 I was induced after being in nonproductive labour for 6 weeks.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• With my daughter it started off slow and my water didn't break until I was in the hospital. Labor was about 12 hours. With my son I went in to be induced for medical reasons and went into labor on my own before anything was given to me. His was really fast since they broke my water and gave me the meds for an induction. Labor with him was almost 5 hours long.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 10:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have had three children two labors.

First one-- I slept all day I was exhaused tired and feeling like a truck had hit me. I just laid on the couch the whole day, the next am I woke up with a bloody show.
    Second one- no labor--I got sick and then they induced me and found out that was not working so delievery was via C-section.
    Third one- Went into labor- cramps and feeling the wave of it all through the day, laid down to read my son a book at bed time I had to stop to get throughout the book to let the contractions go by. Around one a.m. I called my husband at my bakery told him I needed to go to the hospital. He arrived home around 2--off to the hospital around 3, and she was born at 6-7 am.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• I have had four births each one different my water never broke on its own & was slow to dilate.. my 1st I started having irregular contractions & was 2 cm dilated two weeks before she was born, the contractions were 2min apart for hours before I started dilating more 5 hour of pushing, I got a burst of night before she was born. About the same for my second only 7 hours of pushing. my third i had a lot of false labor.. 3 hours of pushing then an emergency c-section.. My fourth I was having contractions 2min apart for an hour I came in for a planned c-section to find out I was dilated he was going to be born that day even if I had the c-section planned for another day.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• It built up slow. I thought I was having BH contractions all day, but then my water broke that night in my sleep. Even after my water broke, it was 8 hours before my contractions really hurt.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2010

• With my first son it was a slow build up. Contractions for about 2 days that were too far apart to go to the hospital. My second, I had no contractions, then my water broke so I had no idea it was going to be that day. Same with my third. My family and i were walking into Walmart without a care in the world when my water broke!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2010